Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, April 13, 2008

♥ MINI TRIP!!!

When ever the heater kicks on the kids like to go sit on the vent. I couldn't find Olivia the other day and this is where I found her!

I had bought a carton of strawberries and finally got them all cored and cleaned up so I made some fruit dip. Which I have to say is the best recipe I've ever had. It's so yummy on grapes and strawberries. Joe's mom gave me the recipe and we all love it!
FRUIT DIP
1 - 8 ounce carton of cream cheese
2/3 cup of brown sugar
1/4 cup sugar
1 teaspoon of vanilla

Mix all together and refrigerate until firm.

You can also eat it right after you've made it but it's easier if you let it firm up a bit.

Can you tell Olivia is a big fan! :)


On Saturday we went on a mini trip... ONE DAY! We needed to do a little shopping for some up coming interviews for Joe. So we decided to make a day of it. This is Olivia when she was actually happy! She was such a crank a lot of the time driving... That part was not fun!




Lane is ready for a nap, already! We hadn't been on the road for more than an hour! :)

We went out to eat for lunch and then did our shopping. Then headed over to some friends home that we haven't seen since Eliza & Lane's blessing. It's been too long! We had so much fun catching up and talking. I didn't get very many pictures of the kids playing. Jenn has a preschool/daycare and so she has tons of fun out door toys. The kids just had a blast. They played all afternoon and only stopped long enough for dinner and then were out playing again. Here are the kids stopping for a SHORT break! :)
Their daughter took the kids around to see the animals. They got to see 3 month old calves and some horses, goats and chickens. It was so much fun.
Emma was helping Eliza in the dress up corner! Eliza was thrilled beyond belief to try on all the fun clothes and shoes!

Miss Cinderella and her fur cap! :)

Finally around 8:30 we headed for home. The kids were still outside when we went to find them all. Olivia's little hands were freezing but she didn't want to leave! They wore themselves out really good! With in a 1/2 hour Olivia was OUT and then shortly after that Lane & Eliza where as well. Emma looks like she's trying to keep herself awake in this picture. I think she was trying to finish the movie she was watching.

21 comments:

Kelli said...

great weekend update. We laugh when we get in the car and know they are tired. (And we secretly turn UP the heat) if bridger hears the heater he startes screaming because he knows it will make him fall alseep (hence how much my children hate to sleep) heeh. Glad you guys had some fun. Good luck on the interviews. Tell your husband you want him to model his clothes for your blog. hehe

Amy said...

Wow! It looks like you had a very busy weekend. Hope you have a geat week.

Tina said...

Whew, what a day you had!! You know how I love to wear the kids out so they pass out in the car!! What a quite trip home! :)

Anonymous said...

Great pictures!
Also, the fruit dip sounds amazing, hmm..possibly a midnight snack :)

Chrissy, said...

Thanks for the recipe. I love those days. We have taken many pictures trying to get all four kids in the back of the van sleeping after a long day out! Glad you had a great time.

Jenn said...

I had so many things to say about so many of those cute pictures-- then I saw that last one and just died laughing--- that is too funny! I guess you did your job right. IF they crash in the car on the way home of being exhausted from play--- I say you did a good job!

Too cute! And I am totally going to try that recipe. So easy. So simple. And so... involving strawberries! YUM!

Misty said...

Loving all the pictures!

Cecilia said...

The fruit dip looks and sounds so yummy! And the kids look like the had a blast! I'm glad they slept for you on the way home.

latree said...

it must have been a tired day

Kellan said...

Your kids are so cute and take such cute pictures. Andm that dip sounds yummy!!

Hope you have a good day - see ya - Kellan

Heather said...

I love the blog background!! So cute you are the guru of backgrounds!!!

Thanks for sharing the recipe!! I am going to have to try that one soon!! Thanks for sharing!!

Jennifer P. said...

Looks like a great weekend! I love day trips--all the fun, none of the packing! Best to you for your week ahead!

Lynell said...

I remember taking Sunday drives as a kid. Hmmm now I wonder if my parents were just trying to get us to sleep. hee hee

I just love your dress up pics. We gave away all of our dress ups last summer. It is soooo sad. My kids are growing up too fast.

I have some strawberries just waiting for a yummy dip. Thanks for the recipe!

SuperCoolMom said...

That is so fun! Can I post your recipe on my recipe blog? I'm trying to keep all these good recipes together, so I'll know where to find them when I'm ready to have a party or something!

Crazymamaof6 said...

Oh heavenly day! that fruit dip! YUMMY! we had that at bunko last month, i am so excited for the recipe thanks!

fun trip! and way cute dress up clothes! SO CUTE! sounds like a fun mini trip. thank heavens for falling asleep in the car! i always pack PJ' s and pull ups for the ride home. even a 1/2 hour drive knocks mine out.

The Burp Cloth Babe said...

That is so funny that kids of all ages love the vents. My little guy just found ours and thinks it's hysterical when it kicks on!

Oh, and your quilt progress inspired me to get out my sewing machine this weekend. I started on a project. I will post pics when I am finished. I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you! :)

Anonymous said...

What a fun family trip -- and they are SO CUTE!!

raising4boys said...

My kids like to sit on the heaters too :) and yummy strawberries...I love them. I'll have to make that dip.

What a fun Saturday for your family. My boys fall asleep pretty quick in the car, makes the trip bearable. (and they don't get car sick when they are sleeping)

Rachel Berry said...

I have been making this fruit dip for YEARS. We just had it last week.
Only I don't add the white sugar.

1 brick cream cheese
1 cup brown sugar
1 tsp vanilla.

:)Rachel

Summer said...

oh, I never would have thought of adding brown sugar to the dip. I'll have to try that one. I just bought a bunch of stawberries, they were on sale at safeway.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

Sounds like it was a good trip for all. that fruit dip, I've got to try, thanks for sharing.