Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Wednesday, April 30, 2008

♡ Another month...

has come and gone and last night we gave Eliza her shot at HOME again!!! She did fabulous! I had to go pick up her shot and so she KNEW she was going to get it and it didn't help that Lane was saying, "Lizy get her shot, Lizy get her shot, Lizy get her shot!!!" Over and over and over and over and over again... So you know after the first 10 times Eliza says, "Mommy do I have to get my shot?" So I told her, "Yes but it's okay cause Daddy is going to do it!" So Eliza says, "That's okay. I'm tough! Tough as nails." And she puts her arm up like she's a weight lifting champ and shows me her muscles!
Last night Joe goes into our room to get the shot ready and I'm talking again on the couch with Eliza and holding her and then she sees Joe come out and she sits up a little taller and SMILES and says, "Here ya go!" and throws her leg out there for Joe to give it to her. I was SHOCKED... No whining not a single whimper but a SMILE!!! She didn't flinch as Joe put the needle in and then when he started pushing the drug in all she did was put her arm up like that wrestling champ and squeeze her arm tight. I could feel her doing it until the second he took the shot out! She was AWESOME!!! Seriously amazing! She had a big old smile on her face through the whole thing and even held the alcohol pad on her leg so we could get the band-aid on! I'm still shocked over how WELL she did! I never thought it would actually be a pleasant experience!

16 comments:

Claremont First Ward said...

WOW! I'm super impressed. I'm sure it made a world of difference. FOr all 3 of you.

Tina said...

Yay! Big girl! Now you know for SURE that this is the way to go! :)

Hethrjem said...

What a brave little soldier. I would be eaten alive if I had to get a shot like that every single month.

Janice {Run Far} said...

What a brave little girl, she must have felt super comfortable having her daddy do it... Daddy's alaways make thing better. And I love that she showed her muscles, how cute

Kelli said...

YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHH. She did it! Can you see if they can send the shot in the mail to you? Even if it has to be refrigerated they can put ice pack in, thats how we got kylers shots (different once of course) but that would make it that much easier. no hauling kids around, in and out of car seats.

Crazymamaof6 said...

super star! that is AWESOME! what a brave girl!

Rachel Berry said...

Good for her! Glad Joe can do them at home.

:)R.

raising4boys said...

I bet you are so relieved. Sounds like she is growing up....but I think I would still flinch!

SuperCoolMom said...

Oh yeah! What a big girl learning to cope like that! How nice for you ALL!

Misty said...

Many, many times I am amazed at the strength of my children, of children in general. Your child is no exception.

Bonnie the Boss said...

Ya hoo for you. and Lizy!!! I am so glad it went well. She is tough as nails.

tammy said...

Yay!! What a brave girl! I still remember the day I decided I wasn't going to cry for shots anymore. I don't know how old I was, and I certainly wasn't getting them as often as she is, but it's so nice when they don't scream anymore.

latree said...

oh my... she's wonderful! brave girl...

Anonymous said...

WOW! How wonderful....Looks like shots at home is the way to go.

Cecilia said...

Wow...I'm impressed! She is a tough little girl. Good Job Eliza!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

WOW. She trusts her dad and feels safe.