Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, November 4, 2007

Stake Conference!

We had Stake Conference today and we were actually early 45 minutes early but we still had to sit back in the metal chairs. So not comfy but we found a place that had carpet on it which is good because the kids need a little carpet to keep the noise down. The kids did really good for the first 1 1/2 hours but that last 1/2 an hour was not as much fun. They were getting really ansie. L kept saying, "Mom, I wanna go home." A family that used to be in our ward were sitting right in front of us and their oldest daughter had Eliza sitting with them for about 30 minutes or so reading her books. That was really nice because she was really quiet and didn't fight with the other 2 little ones. Olivia was making the teenage girls in back of us laugh and caring on. Luckily their parents weren't upset about it. In fact the mom and dad were laughing as well. I think I maybe got a total of 30 minutes here and there of the talks so that's not to bad for us. There was only one major freak out with Lane, Eliza & Olivia. Emma brought out her Polly Pockets and they each wanted to hold one and that was fine until they all started getting mad because they wanted something else and then all 3 started freaking out at the same time. So Joe took Eliza and I grabbed Lane and put my hand over his mouth and grabbed Olivia and covered her mouth. L calmed down quick but Olivia likes to carry on. Although her muffled noise wasn't too disturbing. I got her calmed down and then 15 minutes later we were on our way home. Fed the kids lunch and put them to bed for a nap. Thank heaven's time to breath. Then I went over the hospital to visit with my friend Rachel. Her baby had to be readmitted for Jaundice. So Addison was tanning while we got to chat for a while. It was nice to have some adult conversation with out the interruptions from kids. Thanks Rachel. I got home and the kids were going loony so we fed them and got them to bed. Now Joe and I have been enjoying the peace and quiet and getting ready for another day of chaos. Well at least I am. Joe gets to be at school all day...

2 comments:

Rachel Berry said...

No I should be thanking you.. It's SOOOOO BORING up here. I was going nuts and didn't know it. I see need a run to Wal-Mart of something out of the norm for me. It's time to get back to my regular routine. Sorry about conference. It's always so hard to get anything out of conference with little kids in tow. I wish conference was only for adults and we were forced to find babysitters for out kids. But then on the other hand having kids there can be a good excuse to leave early. :):) Yup I know I'm evil!

Rachel

AutoSysGene said...

Wow, 2 hours with little ones? You should get serious brownie points for that one. 15 minutes is about as long as Hope can stand it. Church right now is out for us, maybe when she gets a little older, and I get a little more daring...