I love Christmas. The decorations and lights are my favorite. It's the one time of year that I actually decorate my house differently. Eventually I'll probably start doing other holiday's but right now I have too many little hands that like to break things. I have to keep everything up high or else things get destroyed. Some day...
As you can tell the kids helped me decorate the tree. Tonight after I put them to bed I'll rearrange things and get it the way I want it and that will probably last about 5 seconds or just long enough for them to walk from their room to the front room. :) And within a week or two the bottom 1/3 of the tree will have migrated up to the top of the tree. Which doesn't look too bad at night with all the lights on but during the day it'll drive me crazy...
I love my little snowmen... I don't have cards yet to put on the bottom one but soon he'll be carrying his weight in holiday cards...
And our fun little stockings. My Mom made mine when I was little. Joe was my first victim just after we got married. I used a coloring book as my template and it turned out alright. Emma was my second and I was pretty lame on hers. The last three I made all at the same time. Pretty sad that Lane & Eliza didn't have a stocking their first Christmas but I don't think they noticed! :) I took theirs from a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book of Emma's. At the time Olivia was my little sunshine. She was such a wonderful little baby. The twins where 20 months and into EVERYTHING and things were just CRAZY so Olivia was my break. When I'd have a terrible day it always helped to just hold Liv and cuddle with her. I seriously needed an EASY baby after the twins especially with them only being 13 months apart. 
As you can tell the kids helped me decorate the tree. Tonight after I put them to bed I'll rearrange things and get it the way I want it and that will probably last about 5 seconds or just long enough for them to walk from their room to the front room. :) And within a week or two the bottom 1/3 of the tree will have migrated up to the top of the tree. Which doesn't look too bad at night with all the lights on but during the day it'll drive me crazy...
I love my little snowmen... I don't have cards yet to put on the bottom one but soon he'll be carrying his weight in holiday cards...
And our fun little stockings. My Mom made mine when I was little. Joe was my first victim just after we got married. I used a coloring book as my template and it turned out alright. Emma was my second and I was pretty lame on hers. The last three I made all at the same time. Pretty sad that Lane & Eliza didn't have a stocking their first Christmas but I don't think they noticed! :) I took theirs from a Strawberry Shortcake coloring book of Emma's. At the time Olivia was my little sunshine. She was such a wonderful little baby. The twins where 20 months and into EVERYTHING and things were just CRAZY so Olivia was my break. When I'd have a terrible day it always helped to just hold Liv and cuddle with her. I seriously needed an EASY baby after the twins especially with them only being 13 months apart. 
So here's a Happy Holiday to EVERYONE! May your month be filled with Love, Joy and blessings of every kind...




6 comments:
pretty cool
Wishing you a wonderful, joy filled month, too. I've been breaking my back the past two days getting my decorations up and tonight I decorated one of our trees. I'm not sure I want to do two trees again. Because, well, it's two trees! :)
Cute! I love the stockings. I have a post up about my ornaments, you might want to check it out!
Your house looks so Christmasy! I really need to make our stockings, thanks for reminding me!
Oh good for you! Glad to see you got most of your decor out already! I got guff for having mine up the day before thanksgiving but I thought we were going out of town & I wanted my tree up when i got back so I could decorate. I still need to finish putting all my decor up. Hmm one of these days I will have empty arms for more than 1 hr....
:)R
what a good idea to use a coloring book for a template. I want to sew stockings for us too.
Post a Comment