Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Monday, October 29, 2007

Reasons!

This is why I love FALL... It's beautiful and I love all of the colors! My favorite is the brilliant reds! I love the sounds of walking in the leaves and that the kids can play in them.

And now the reasons why Fall drives me crazy. Below are the culprits at our house. They're huge and they leave a blanket of leaves every year that we have to rake up. If there is a big wind storm it seems like we get everyone else's leaves as well. Especially since we have a fence so they can't just keep going to the next yard. You can see that we still have a bunch more to fall. Oh and they're close enough to the house that we have to clean out the gutters a couple of times before they finish dropping... So much fun! HA! :)



This is what they leave for us. Our front yard is completely covered in leaves...

These leaves with the rose's are a good 6 inches deep. It's hard to see in the picture but there are a ton of them!

6 comments:

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

The top pictures are beautiful! I too like the reds and dark oranges! I feel you on the raking.

AutoSysGene said...

I agree, beautiful pictures. I don't have the leaf problem, just the lack of tree problems. That's what happens in new construction homes.

So I envy you your leaves, just don't ask me to rake them!!

mk

Claremont First Ward said...

Yeh.......cleaning up the leaves is a real pain. We have a huge sugar maple in our front yard that makes a huge mess, and a ton of other smaller trees, but our "big boy" is, well, a big boy! :) The first few pictures are amazing!

Summer said...

I first saw this post and thought "Oh, so pretty" and then I scrolled down and thought, "oh, not so pretty" hahahha Here is better than Bremerton. In Bremerton it rains practically daily so the fallen leaves turn black and icky looking. Here, they stay dry and crunchy. Fallen leaves are prettier here.

Anonymous said...

You could hide 4 small children in that.

Are You Serious! said...

A couple of years ago we did do that actually only it was with my friends 2 kids and Emma. You couldn't see them. We had their head's poking out so they could breath but it was pretty well camoflauged... We just have sooooo many of them...