Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Fishing & Sewing!

Back in July Joe & Emma went fishing together with Joe's friend. His friend got a couple of pictures. We just got them yesterday so I thought I'd post them. Emma had a blast. She loves to fish. Mostly when she catches them otherwise it's a little boring she says (I can't blame her either). My idea of fishing is a lawn chair, a good book and watching the other's fish!

I made Emma a shirt today. It was soooo easy. It only had 3 pieces to it. The front, back and sleeves. I love easy patterns and I like this pattern because I can control the neck line. It was a little to revealing so I just cinched up the elastic and it's all good. It does use a lot of elastic but it makes it so cute with the gathering effect around the sleeves, empire waist and neck line. I got the fabric at Wal*Mart in the $1.00 bin. I love a good bargain and the material is so cute.

6 comments:

AutoSysGene said...

Cute shirt. The farthest I get sewing is bean bags and even those aren't great.

Your daughter is cute as a button!!

mk

Summer said...

wow, it looks like you bought the shirt at Walmart. Good job! I've never sewed a shirt before. I like easy patterns too. Kwik sews are the only kind of done so far.
I like the fabric too. That turned out nice.

Summer said...

I feel the same way about fishing. It's only fun if you have yummy treats to snack on while you wait for a fish to bite or if you actually catch something. The rest of the time, I get bored.

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

cute shirt! great pix of fishing. I'm with you on the lawn chair and just watch.... but my husband is too stressed about water and kids and drowning that I have to be up and activly involved in making and keeping them safe.

Anonymous said...

Love it. Now make me one. :)

Are You Serious! said...

Heather you'd probably fit in the one I made Emma!

Not to bad for dollar bin material huh! :)