Yesterday Emma wanted to learn how to knit. I tried but she isn't coordinated enough yet so we tried crochetting. We worked on doing a plane jane chain first. She did pretty good. Just realllllllly tight and not very uniform.
Then we tried a pattern. The first 1/2 from the left to right is me showing Emma how to do it and then she took over. I think she's doing pretty good. She can't quite remember the order so asks me every 10 seconds or so what's next but she's got the stitches down pretty good. We just have to work on making them tighter and more uniform.
This afternoon when she got done with her homework she got it back out and started working on it again. She looks rather mad but really she's just concentrating. Her dad does the same thing...
I told her not to look so mad. So here's a not so mad look...
We need to work on the way she holds her needle and yarn still too. But for now it works and she needs to get a little more coordinated first.




3 comments:
That's neat that you can teach her that. I don't know how to crochet. I learned how to knit like 10 years ago and haven't done it since. Good job for Emma! Keep it up!
I look forward to teaching Tree Faerie to crochet! My grandma taught me when I was 6, and I still love to crochet. Of course, I rarely have time to crochet anymore...
I think it's great that she has a desire to do it. My daughter loves trying new things like that. We bought the pattern and material for an apron to sew on my machines, but have not done it yet...my bad!!!
Post a Comment