that's what the kids call it... denstist... So I took Lane, Eliza & Olivia in for Dentist appointments yesterday and the kids all have great teeth. Not even one cavity (I'm so glad for that) and while we were in there Eliza let the doctor take out her other loose tooth. She didn't cry or anything and it was in there pretty good.
We also found out that every single one of the kids have my under bite and Olivia's is the most severe right now in fact her upper teeth are completely covered up by her bottom teeth when she bites together. Actually so are Eliza's you can see in the picture of Eliza down below... We of course knew this but didn't realize that they might be able to get ahead of the problem now while their teeth are still growing and moving around... He said that we should see a pediadontic I think that's what it's called. One more thing!
Eliza's newly lost tooth...
Eliza's isn't as bad because at least her molars line up...
Olivia's "under bite"... but Olivia's molars are on the inside of the lower teeth too... crazy... They're talking about widening her pallet... That's what I had to do too... Retainer with a key that made it open up little by little... sorry for the milk mouth :)







4 comments:
Dentist....so fun!!!! NOT! But necessary, right?!?!?!
Have fun at Time out for women tonight and tomorrow ;-)
That is so great that they have good healthy teeth (not so fun about the under-bite and pallet spreader-- those are no fun as you've said.) Wish my kids had nice healthy teeth, but most of them have inherited my bad teeth genes.
Good luck with the teeth - M. goes in this week for his orthodontic consultation! So we can find out how many thousands of dollars we need to save for his tooth overhaul! Forget about college funds, we'll be lucky to make it out of braces!!
Wow, I have never heard of an underbite. I found your blog thru all K names!
Post a Comment