Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 30, 2007

Sucky Day!!!

My day started off very crappy! Just not in a good mood. Then I went to Women's Conference and things got much better. Then............I came home! The first thing I hear is Lane and Olivia say Eliza's in trouble... She crying.... Eliza's in trouble... Eliza's in time out.... etc... and then Emma says it's true she's in big trouble. That's all in the front area before I even get into the front room. Then Joe looks at me and I can see steam coming off the top of his head and he says, "You'll never believe what your daughter did." I say, "Ohhh". But really I don't know want to know... I really didn't. Then Joe tells me how Eliza snuck into our bedroom and gave herself a hair cut. This is at 7:30 at night and church is in the morning. Plus is there a salon open at this time of night. Yeah, not so much. So I take Eliza into my room, after I get out of my dress and get comfy, and start trying to fix her hair. I usually am the one who cuts all the kids and Joe's hair anyway but it's usually not a difficult hair cut that I do so it's a little beyond anything I've ever done. So while I'm contemplating what the heck I'm going to do... My friend Rachel calls to talk about our visiting teaching visit on Sunday and I tell her what Eliza did and she tells me that they're on their way for hair cuts right now (her mother-in-law cuts all their kids hair) and I said so do you think she'll want to take on another kid? So Rachel asked her and she said sure. I'm thinking thanks heaven's. So we headed over there and she fixed Eliza's hack job. Can I just tell you how mad I was. I am grateful that she didn't cut Olivia's hair. Eliza's hair was short already so if you can only imagine!!! Well you don't have to because here are the pictures!!!

The first thing I notice when I walked in my bathroom!

The second thing I notice!!!

This is what Joe found in the sink!!!

This is Eliza's new hair cut after being fixed! I should have taken one before but I didn't think about it and there wasn't really time. I was just anxious to get it fixed before it got much later. So we could get her to bed...

At least she doesn't have spikes in the front! Trying to look on the positive side...

It's soooooo short!

Bonnie (Rachel's mother-in-law) had to actually us the trimmer's (shave it) to fix the back! Well that's it. Eliza is a shelf proclaimed beautician! I think she sucks at it but obviously she thinks she does a great job! :) The worst part is that people at church thought I chose to have her hair cut that way. For shame. I mean really... me... no way... Thanks Rachel for letting me crash your hair cutting party!

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

sorry, it was such a hard day. Shame on the ones who thought you would actually get her hair cut this way! Although like you said it could have been alot worse! At least it will grow back. Alisha

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

I feel your pain! when my now 11 yr old was abt 2 1/2 she cut her hair and we had to shave it up to her ears! because she cut down all the way to the scalp with the sissors right in the middle!

Anonymous said...

Every little girl does that! I'm sure people at church realize this fact.

Jeanne said...

She's still pretty darn cute....but kick who ever thought you'd cut her hair like that!!!

Did she learn her lesson??? And does she know not to go anywhere NEAR Livvy's hair???

Good luck with that!!! :D

Are You Serious! said...

I think she's learned but we'll see. She says NO ONE cuts hair only mommy. Not even daddy... So I thought that was pretty good. But she's said things to me before and gone around and done exactly what I told her not to do! So time will tell. Emma was 5 the last time she cut anyone's hair and it happened to be Olivia's at the time. Luckily it wasn't very long so it didn't do much damage.

Summer said...

Her hair actually doesn't look that bad. I think it's kinda cute. It's nice that she still has her bangs. silly girl. hmmm..all the things I have to look forward to right? ;) I wonder if Ginger will go through that stage. ;)

Are You Serious! said...

Who can tell. Emma went through a little stage. Luckily Olivia hasn't yet... I don't think that I could handle two kids going through that stage at the same time. :)