Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

Sunday, September 6, 2009

♥ Car wreck...

We got in a car wreck on the way home from church today! Pretty much sucked... Our van is totalled. I'll have to take pictures when we go get our stuff out of it on Tuesday. Everyone is fine which is a huge blessing! Lane, Eliza and Olivia don't have a scratch. Emma has a small scratch on her head from her headband breaking. Emma and Eliza were hysterical, Land and Olivia never cried or anything... Oh wait Lane started crying because he was SOOOO hungry! Our ward meets at 1 pm so we left church around 4:15 and got in the wreck at 4:30 so he was ready for some food! Joe has a small bruise/bump on his knee, a burn from the air bag on his arm and feel like he was punched in the belly by the air bag. As for me I got a big old goose egg/bruise on my left knee... The same knee that I broke in my car wreck on New Years Eve when a drunk guy ran a red light and did a double hit and run, yes left the scene once turned around and rear ended me and left again, hit and run #2!!! But back to this accident... Main impact was the passenger side where I was which I am very grateful because anywhere else and the kids could have gotten really hurt! So this is my knee... pretty huh! :)

and... this is my neck, from the seat belt...

Our friends came and gave us a ride home. Which we are so grateful for! On the way home we saw another wreck and it was a pickup verses a motorcycle and we're pretty sure that the person on the motorcycle didn't make it they had the CSI people there. It's so sad and again helps us remember the many blessings that we've enjoyed today!!!

18 comments:

kristi said...

Sooo glad you guys are okay!

alisha said...

Ouch, I am glad everyone is fairing okay. What a scary thing to go through. Take care, A.

Rachel Berry said...

Man I'm so glad you guys are alright!! How flipping freaky was that?!! Being in a car wreck is one of my fears..... I hope your week gets better!

;)rachel

Debra said...

HOLY COW!!!!!!!!!!! I am glad you guys are ok! (sort of)!!

Jennifer @ Fruit of My Hands said...

Ouch! Sorry about the car. Glad everyone is safe.

Hethrjem said...

Poor kids! I'm so glad you guys are alright.

Nurses have told us that they call motorcycles "donorcycles." That may be where Chad gets a new liver.

Grandma and Grandpa K said...

oh my goodness. I am so paranoid about driving after we had our roll over. So glad you are all okay except for the knee and shoulder rub.
We had two payments due on the van and then used the insurance payoff to purchase our 4 wheel drive car. It does better in the snow.
take, care

Laura said...

Hope your knee and neck/shoulder heal soon. Glad the kids are ok and hope your hubby's injuries also heal quickly.

Kelli said...

wow, that looks worse than mine in March. go to the chiropractor and massage therapy. they will help alot and insurance will cover them. What a new years, never heard of a double hit and run. what a freak guy, did they ever catch him?

Kelli said...

oh and what a mom to be glad it was on her side. hehe. Glad your all ok! hows the hair?

tammy said...

So glad you guys weren't hurt more! That's always scary.

Jenn said...

I am so glad you guys are okay. Man your knee looks lovely--- Ouch!!!

Tinabean said...

Oh so thankful that you & your family were all alright.
There is nothing scarier than getting hit.
I hope you all heal fast & everything goes smoothly with the insurance etc.

raising4boys said...

WOW!!! Can't believe those pictures of your van. You didn't explain how it happened. And on the way home from church of all places!

We use to live close to the church and I didn't make the boys wear their seat belts, I should show my family this.

Hope you get feeling better soon. You are in pretty bad shape even though there were no broken bones or stitches. Hope the ward is helping.

The Muries said...

Holy cow wow I saw the pictures first seeing how I have been MIA in GA for the last week! I am so glad you guys are okay, sore but okay. What happened? Geeze isn't it crazy how things work out like that so that none of the kids got hurt? I am so glad for that.

Bonnie the Boss said...

I am so glad you are all okay!

Carrie and Troy Keiser said...

So what happened to cause the wreck? Glad that it was only bumps and bruises.

Summer said...

oh, i'm glad you guys are okay, but I feel bad, you look so hurt!