For Christmas I made Joe 7 scrub tops for work... He picked the fabrics out several weeks ago. I stayed up really late while he was working so that I could get them finished with out him knowing... These are the fabrics....
Joe's on the In-patient Surgical floor and their floor is the only floor for Pediatrics. The kids should have fun with these. This is how the completed shirt looks, at least the back side!
This is the front. I used his favorite scrub top as my pattern. I drew it out on wrapping paper and then used that as my pattern. It only took a total of 3 pieces. If you don't include the pockets. I thought the neck was going to be the hardest part but after taking a very close look... It's just like a pattern for some pj's that I did for Emma one year. It was much easier than I thought thank goodness. It took about an hour a shirt I'd say and that's with out the cutting out part, which I consider a chore and no fun at all! :)








22 comments:
Lookin' good!!!
That's a great gift! Fun Fabric! I'm sure he loved them!
Woohoo! You have some mad sewing skills girl! Way to go!
Those are really nice! I'm sure he loved them!
Great job! I made some when I was a dental assistant and the neck gave me grief.
You did a wonderful job! They look great!
You are such a great wife. Good job!
Just came across your blog...the scrubs look great. I wish I could sew...can hardly even hem a pair of pants.
You are so good. How about you move here. I do all the cuting and you do all the sewing. I love to cut out patterns but hate to even sew a straight line.
oh and btw, nurses scrubs pattern is the first thing I always look at. I love different patterns, hehe. Am I weird or been around too many RN's LPN's?
that's cool that he can wear designs. all of our RN have to wear plain navy blue scrubs. maybe you can make some extra $$$ by making scrubs for others at the hospital?! I wish I had the patience and skill to sew!
How fun!! Homemade gifts are the best aren't they?! You are so sweet to stay up late making them so they would be a surprise.
That's fun material! How is Joe liking being a nurse? I wish I went to school to be a nurse. It would save on doctor visits!
Wow, you do an amazing job!
Wow, great job! Happy New Year!
Those are really great!
Happy New Year to you and your family! I hope to see lots of you in 2009!
Kellan
Very cool! Those are awesome prints. People will be asking you to sell them next :)
Congratulations! You are a WINNER!
Surprise! You commented on my 200th post and I'm going to send you some fabulous tidbit that I have yet to create. Email me your address and I'll send it in the next month or so! (Do you have pierced ears?)
That is nice for Joe to have hand made scrubs. You did a great job.
you always impress me!
Good idea! And fun, too!
What great scrubs! Happy New Year~
Oh Melissa, those are AWESOME! I hope he appreciated them. The work you put into them is so cool!
Post a Comment