Olivia hates me to comb her hair. I mean hates it and screams the whole time I'm brushing/combing it. She tries really hard to do it herself but it's so long that she can't get it all. I've been saying I'm going to cut it FOREVER! It drives me crazy! Sometimes I even have to hold her down with my legs just to get it combed through it's that bad. I tried loads of conditioner the good stuff too and it still didn't help enough... So here it goes!!!
BEFORE... SIDE/BACK PROFILE...
BEFORE... SIDE/BACK PROFILE...

And FRONT... she's very mad at me at this point! She doesn't want it cut... Nice glare huh!

I wanted to cut it short just to make life easier while brushing but I couldn't bring myself to do it... I love her long hair too. I love all the different ways that I can do it. Joe loves it long also and isn't going to be very happy but it's not SHORT SHORT... I did cut off 8 inches though! This is a picture of the length that I cut off.

After pictures... It was almost down to the end of her shirt before I cut it and now...
Yeah she still isn't happy about it getting cut...
Doing a little better here! Sad puppy eyes...

And she finally decides that it isn't the end of the world after all! She was pretty happy that she could actually comb all the way through it instead of it getting stuck...

And... Lane thought it would be fun to color on the "winter" plastic on his window! I do love the way he draws his people though, I think it's really cute! We're hoping to replace the kids windows in the spring! They're cruddy aluminum and the wind rips right through them!





23 comments:
How cute! I love her "short" hair. She is beautiful! Don't worry, she will grow to love it.
Aww... she's adorable. How many of us are guilty of whining and complaining about something, only to discover it's not that bad! LOL! She looks fantastic with the trim.
Wow, even with 8 inches cut off it's still really long! We just got Hope's hair cut to shoulder length a good 4 or 5 inches and I love it.
For detangler we use Biolage...expensive...but so worth it.
Looks great! I still think she would be totally cute with a bob! :) But I know joe and his long hair. So does he ever have to do her hair? :) Does he know how fun it is? :):):)
Oh and Bridget has a Silhouette! Lucky girl.
Oh wow, that is a LOT of hair to cut off! I just cut my daughter's recently for the same reason, and we left about the same length, but we only took 4 inches or so off and I'm the one that's feeling a little devastated. It's still long though, and it is SO much healthier now that the ends are gone.
I wish it was easier to care for small girls long hair though, because its SO cute.
I think you both will like the shorter better!
Grrrr on the blinds! it makes you just bugged!
I'm not going to say its cute, I am still crying like olivia. but its not short short so I will live, I am sure your happy that I will live. hehe I cant admit to anything cute in writing, its too hard to denie when its in writing. I almost couldnt scroll down. I am such a boob
It's not too short. I think it's an improvement. Pretty girl.
So very pretty! I like it.
Haircuts are so traumatic, aren't they?
looks good! it will grow back fast!
you should have cute off 10 and then you could have given it to lock of love.
looks great! and just right for doing lots of cute styles still! i love how a new haircut combs through so nicely! AHHH!
I did the same with Ibit's, but it was by her request. not SHORT SHORT either.
she's still pretty kok ;)
I love her new hair! Sooo cute!
So cute! I think she looks adorable. I feel ya on the window thing. Our house is 100+ years old, and we are getting ready to do the same thing! YUCK!
Her hair is just gourgeous! Tell her that my girls would take her hair anyday!
Good gravy--- for how muvh you cut off it--- ITS STILL LONG!!!
Love the haircut. My daughter screems tons. I use the detangler from the family dollar and it only a buck and we works pretty well.
Love Lane's drawings maybe he'll get the artist gene and make you rich someday!
Wow her hair was really long!! Combing hair is one challenge I've been able to avoid. But I remember giving my own mom fits. Tangles were the worst.
It's a good thing you weren't too worried about the blinds. I agree, he draws cute people. Love the hair :)
that's a funny post. It's funny to see the stages of emotions she goes through when getting her hair cut and then to see her smile. ahahha
are you guys going to replace the window yourself or would you want scot and glen too? They've mentioned wanted to go on a road trip and see you. I'll tell Scot. I bet he'ld do it. We want to come too, but I don't know if we can this year. I'll get back to you on that.
We're gearing up to cut mine and Emily's within the next few months (no later than the end of this summer, FOR SURE). It was supposed to be at the end of this past December, but I couldn't go through with it (I like Em's hair long, so we're growing it even longer so that once we donate 10+ inches to Locks of Love, she'll still have plenty left...LOL)
Olivia looks ADORABLE with her new length, and it's truly still long enough to do plenty of stuff with it.
I think the new haircut looks great! Glad she decided to like it after all!
Post a Comment